Sunday, November 7, 2010

Top 10 Country Wedding Songs

Looking for the perfect songs for your wedding? Here are some great ideas for the top country songs...


10. I Cross My Heart - George Strait

George plucked the heartstrings of female country fans everywhere with this tear-jerker. Since it's feature in his movie "Pure Country" in 1992, fans have danced that special first dance to this sweetly sentimental tune and longtime favourite.

Favourite lyrics: "From here on after let's stay the way we are right now/And share all the love and laughter that a lifetime will allow."



9. Keeper of the Stars - Tracy Byrd

This power ballad became an instant classic with its release by Tracy in 1999. Luckily, in love there is often a bigger plan in play than what we know. Tracy's wife and baby daughter were on set with him for added inspiration as he filmed this music video.

Favourite lyrics: "It wasno accident me finding you/Someone had a hand in it, long before we ever knew."




8. From This Moment On - Shania Twain & Bryan White

Shania added even more emotional heft to his beautiful song when she recruited Bryan White to perform it as a duet. The declaration of love and devotion is a perfect celebration of a union between man and wife, echoing the vows that brides and grooms make when they take that walk down the aisle.

Favourite lyrics: "Through weakness and strength, happiness and sorrow/ For better, for worse, I will love you."

7. I Love The Way You Love Me - John Michael Montgomery

This is John Michael's country variation of "How do I love thee? Let me count the ways." The song evokes images of lovers dancing in the rain, stolen kisses and playful moments, reminding us that when we're in love, even the scent of our bethrothed can leave use weak in the knees.

Favourite lyrics: "I could list a million things I love to like about you/But they all come down to one reason: I could never live without you."

6. It's Your Love - Tim McGraw and Faith Hill
Who better than country's power couple, Tim and Faith, to give us a smoldering love song about the overwhelming intensity of a lover's touch. The video for the tune permeates with the chemistry between these real-life love birds when they were expecting their child Grace.

Favourite lyrics: "Better than I was, more than I am/And all of this happened, by takin' your hand."




5. Could I Have This Dance - Anne Murray

Anne's golden voice has crooned this 1980 classic for the better part of three decades, giving newlyweds a reason to elegantlly waltz across the floor while celebrating their big moment.

Favourite lyrics: "I'll always remember the song they were playin', the first time we danced and I knew/ As we swayed to the music and help to each other, I fell in love with you."


4. Bless the Broken Road - Rascal Flatts
This song by Rascal Flatts celebrates the miracle and rarity of true love, while also addressing the struggle we endure, sifting through the sands looking for that one exact match who will "get" us unconditionally, and how grateful we are when we find the person who can see past our shortcomings and love us anyway.

Favourite lyrics: "This much I know is true/That God blessed the broken road that led me straight to you."


3. When I Said I Do - Clint Black & Lisa Hartman Black

This 1999 duet between Clint and his wife Lisa rocketed tothe top ofthe country charts with its honest reminder of the eternal strength of the marriage vows. Through thick and thin, in sickness and in health, the bonds stay strong.

Favourite lyrics: "When I said I do, I meant that I will/'Til the end of all time/Be faithful and true, devoted to you."



2. Forever and Ever Amen - Randy Travis

The quintessential love-for-the-ages tune, this Randy Travis classic evokes the kind of deep, abiding love our grandparents vowed through hard work, struggle, lean times, and happiness. The title itself inspires us to have hope that real love between two can indeed exist - and thrive - through the years.
Favourite lyrics: "As sure as I live, this love that I give/Is gonna be yours until the day that I die."

1. I Do - Paul Brandt
Paul Brandt's 1996 hit tells of the all-encompassing love that can keep you safe and warm, answering the deepest doubts in your heart. This country wedding song's chorus, " I will, I am, I can, I have, I do" answers all the questions of what we hope someone will be for us from now until the end of time. A true wedding classic summed up in two powerful words.

Favourite lyrics: "I rescued you, you rescued me/And we're right where we should be when we're together."

No comments:

Post a Comment